Serenity Chiropractic & Family Wellness Center
Pamela V. Ford , D.C.
Chiropractor located in Carrollton, TX
Neck pain can be more than a minor nuisance. Continued pain can make turning your head difficult, causing great pain throughout the neck, shoulders, and even the head. Dr. Pamela V. Ford uses chiropractic adjustments to provide effective pain relief for neck pain to patients throughout Carrollton, Texas. Visit her at Serenity Chiropractic & Family Wellness Center.
Neck Pain Q & A
What causes neck pain?
The neck is the base responsible for holding the head up and supporting its weight. Because of the flexion needed for this job, the neck can become vulnerable to injury and pain. One of the most common reasons for pain to appear in the neck is a pinched nerve. This pinch happens when the vertebrae of the neck shift out of alignment and push down on the nerves. Vertebrae can shift out of alignment from:
- Sleeping awkwardly
- Poor posture like hunching over.
- Having your neck forced past its normal range of motion
Can you prevent neck pain?
You can avoid suffering from neck pain by making a few simple adjustments. These techniques include:
- Maintaining good posture while sitting or standing
- Making sure your computer monitor is eye-level
- Sleeping on a firm pillow
- Sleeping on your side or your back
- Getting regular exercise to maintain flexibility
When should you see a chiropractor?
Chiropractors are specialists in the muscular and skeletal systems. As a chiropractor who cares about her patients, Dr. Ford uses the most advanced chiropractic techniques. Dr. Ford has many years of training, expertise, and experience in helping patients achieve relief from neck pain and other conditions related to, or originating from, the spine. Treatments will focus on restoring balance and maintaining alignment of the entire spine. Chiropractic care under a trained professional, like Dr. Ford, can also be used to prevent injuries and help achieve total health or wellness.
You should see Dr. Ford for neck pain if:
- Your neck pain or stiffness doesn't improve after a few days
- You can’t turn your head without severe neck pain
- You need to take over-the-counter medications to treat your pain
- You feel numbness or tingling in your hands or wrists
- Your neck pain started within a few days of an accident
Words from our patients
"Dr. Ford is WONDERFUL. She is the ultimate professional when is comes to patient needs and questions."